Sunday 24th October, Dumu Balcony Cafe
Clothes drop-off 2-4pm / Swapping 5pm onwards in 45 min blocks
Grab some friends, bring along your clothing in good condition to swap, help reduce pollution and refresh your wardrobe for summer. The fashion industry is the world’s second biggest polluter (right behind oil), and the world now consumes 80 billion pieces of clothing each year! So, in an effort to rethink our clothing purchases and how the clothing we no longer want is disposed of, Plasticwise Bright will be hosting a clothes swap – and we hope to make this a regular event.
Register by clicking Going on the facebook event (if you don’t use facebook just reply to this email saying you plan to come along and any add-ons)
Admission $10pp taken on arrival ($20pp if you wish to attend but don’t have any clothes to swap / donate). Make sure you have cash as we don’t have credit card facilities.
How it works:
- Drop off your items and pay your admission between 2-4pm.
- Swapping will run from 5pm onwards in windows of about 45 minutes.
- When dropping off your items, you will be given a time you can return for swapping. Due to capacity restrictions we need to stagger the swapping times. First come, first served.
- Please only bring items in good condition to swap. If you wouldn’t give it to a friend, please don’t bring it to swap!
- Swimwear, exercise clothing and underwear will only be accepted if they are unworn with labels attached
- Shoes and accessories will be accepted
- Please bring your own bag
- Please don’t inundate us with clothing – a max of 8 items. Any items not swapped will be donated to the Op Shop.
- We are planning to make this a twice / yearly event so if you have autumn or winter clothing, please save it for our autumn swap.
Funds raised from the Clothes Swap will go towards community picnic / party boxes. These kits contain reusable party and picnic supplies which will be made available for our community to borrow, reducing waste and single use plastics, encouraging us to ditch disposable items and showcase the range of reusable products available.
While you are at the clothes swap, check out the Bright Food Co-op who have an amazing range of organic and locally grown non-perishable food such as nuts, flours, grains, eggs and honey (BYO containers to stock up).