Supported by grants from DELWP and the Hume Community Power Hub, this Field Day is being organised by Sustainable Upper Ovens and Totally Renewable Energy Kiewa
The purpose is to enable us to build different kinds of resilience for our community and reduce our carbon footprint, providing a better future for the generations to come. It will also support the Alpine Shire’s commitment to progress in this area.
A free BBQ lunch us being provided so we ask you to pre-register if possible to help with catering. It is a free event.
More details and registration can be found at Community Carbon Action Plan Field Day
Speakers and Topics:
- Dr Helen Haines MP (Local Power Plan)
- Sarah Nicholas Alpine Mayor(Living carbon neutral)
- Sarah Buckley Sustainability Officer (Alpine Shire Carbon Action Plan)
- Dennis Lambert SUO (Carbon Action Plan)
- Bobbie McKibben Solar Integrity (Quality solar PV)
- Heath Shakespeare Indigo Power (Heat pump hot water)
- Matt Charles Jones Mondo (Project Edge and household battery scheme)
- Amanda Lamont Zoos Victoria (Endangered species)
- Peter Jacobs (Landcare)
You will have the opportuniy to talk with industry experts and other members of your community with break-out sessions on various topics.